Mar 9, 2009

Hana DAŇKOVÁ - Honza


Honza is miner from Sokolov´s brown-coal mine named "Marie Majerova" after czech working-class writer.
He spent almost his whole life as employee in mines of Sokolov. After year 89´ he tried to switch job and worked in newly grown-up pubs, bars and clubs in mountain area of Krusne hory. Unfortunately, he didn´t succeed to keep the job, while the working conditions in many of clubs and bars focusing on German clients were too tough for him to accept.
After few year, he returned to "Marie Majerova". He is now 53, expecting his retirement in two years. What is he about to do after his retirement, he doesn´t even want to guess. "I spent almost my whole life working here, in mine, and I already know, I cannot do any other job. All my friends are here. I go crazy sitting at home, especially in this city. Appart from job, it doesn´t offer anything."

His city, like many others in this area, were built for workers and their structure didn´t count with people who live different lifes than working ones - pensioners, children, youngsters, disabled people....

Stories of people living in cities can be noted down in many ways, using numbers of media. Space can be parabolized by (motion) picture, drawings, graphics or sound recording. I have chosen the last one.

http://eldar.cz/jitro

No comments:

Post a Comment